A brief history of Bridgestone tyres
Updated: Jul 10
Bridgestone tyres first made their appearance in 1931 when Shojiro Ishibashi established the Bridgestone Tyre Co. Ltd. in Japan. The company initially manufactured bicycle and motorcycle tyres, but soon expanded its production to include car tyres, truck tyres, aircraft and even aerospace tyres.
Since 1967, Bridgestone has been supplying drivers everywhere with reliable performance tyres – helping them get where they need to go safely and comfortably. Bridgestone is one of the leading tyre manufacturers globally with operations in more than 150 countries. By combining cutting-edge technology with traditional craftsmanship, Bridgestone strives to make customers' journeys smoother than ever before!
In 1967, Bridgestone opened its first United States factory in LaVergne, Tennessee – becoming the first Japanese tyre manufacturer to do so. From there, the company went on to be one of the leading makers of automotive parts for cars around the world. Its products have been used by drivers from all four corners – including professional racers such as NASCAR's Tony Stewart and Indy Car's Dario Franchitti.
Today, Bridgestone is a global leader in tyre technology and innovation. It offers a range of performance tyres designed to give drivers maximum traction, control, and safety – whatever the conditions.
Bridgestone popular truck tyres:
1. M726 EL – A durable, long-distance tyre designed for regional and long-haul applications.
2. R250A – An all-season tyre built for drive and trailer axle positions in regional and long-haul applications.
3. R287A – A fuel efficient all-position tyre for regional and long-haul applications.
4. R280 Ecopia – An eco-friendly tyre featuring low rolling resistance for improved fuel economy in regional and long-haul applications.
5. R283 Ecopia – An eco-friendly, all-position tyre with low rolling resistance for improved fuel economy in regional and long-haul applications.
6. R287 Ecopia – A fuel efficient, all-position tyre with low rolling resistance for improved fuel economy in regional and long-haul applications.
Bridgestone popular car tyres:
1. Potenza RE050A – An ultra-high performance tyre with excellent wet grip and handling characteristics.
2. Turanza T001 – A touring tyre designed for superior ride comfort and stability in both dry and wet conditions.
3. Dueler H/T 684 II - An all-terrain tyre with an enhanced tread pattern for improved traction on sand, gravel, snow, and mud surfaces.
4. DriveGuard - Run-flat technology tyres featuring reinforced sidewalls to support the vehicle even when punctured or deflated.
5. Ecopia EP150 – An eco-friendly tyre that offers low rolling resistance for improved fuel efficiency while still providing dependable performance in all seasons.
Whether you're looking for tyres that offer maximum performance or just a reliable set of all-weather tyres, Bridgestone has something to meet your needs.
Bridgestone tyres have been used by some of the world's top racers and drivers, so you know that they're up to the task of providing top-notch performance. From street tyres to off-road tyres, Bridgestone has something for every driver. And with their latest range of eco and fuel-efficient tyres, you can be sure that you're doing your bit for the environment too!
With its high-tech development facilities and advanced materials, Bridgestone continues to push the boundaries of what’s possible in tyre engineering. And as cars and trucks become more sophisticated with every passing year, so too do the tyres that top them off.